PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION AND NOTIFICATION

For security reasons please DO NOT forward, publicly disseminate, or link to social media (Facebook, Twitter, ect.) any of the information found in this blog. This will help us keep you informed and you to keep us safe.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Hymn

The Lent season has come and gone, yet every day seems to be a constant reminder that our true strength and guidance come from our Lord. Just a few days ago I heard a hymn at a friend’s ordination service I want to share with you. I had never heard this hymn before but it is powerful and has caused me to think.


Lord, here am I.


Master Thou callest, I gladly obey;

Only direct me, and I’ll find Thy way,

Teach me the mission appointed for me,

What is my labor, and where shall it be.


Master, Thou callest, and this I reply,

“Ready and willing, Lord, here am I.”


Willing my Savior, to take up the cross;

Willing to suffer reproaches and loss.

Willing to follow, if Thou will but lead;

Only support me with grace in my need.


Master, Thou callest, and this I reply,

“Ready and willing, Lord, here am I.”


Living or dying, I still would be Thine;

Yet I am mortal while Thou art divine.

Pardon, whenever I turn from the right;

Pity, and bring me again to the light.


Master, Thou callest, and this I reply,

“Ready and willing, Lord, here am I.”

“Ready and willing, Lord, here am I.”

1 comment:

sellit2me said...

Dude powerful lyrics. And here standest I. Hope all is well.